Thursday, September 20, 2012

More Job Research

Running Pony
As of the moment, there aren't any postings for jobs that im interested in, but I'm optimistic about applying here. It's always good to at least be on file when future opportunities arise. I called their intern coordinator, but he is currently on vacation (interning is not the route that I want to go for this company- interns must receive school credit) . However, I located an old job posting for running pony that gives me some insight on what they're looking for in an ideal candidate. From what I've read, they don't carry a very large staff at Running Pony, so the position is probably pretty competitive. 

901.683.6693 | 877.891.7669




Successful production and post-production company in Memphis, TN, is now accepting resumes and reels for a creative, experienced motion graphics artist and 3D animator with a broad range of post-production skills. College degree in Graphic Arts, Communications or a related major preferred. Must be proficient in: After Effects, Cinema4D, Avid, Photoshop, Illustrator, and DVD authoring software; various video codecs, encoding, and compression tools; non-linear video editing; and outputting to multiple formats. The position primary entails creating graphic-intensive local/regional commercials. Other video production and/or post-production skills not mandatory, but a plus.

The ideal candidate is:
• A graphic designer with a keen eye
• Creative but grounded
• An energetic, self-starter
• Able to work well in a team environment
• Able to handle multiple projects at once
• Able to work well under deadline pressure and exhibit a positive, “can-do” attitude
• Friendly and responsive to client needs and demands
RUSH your resume, references, salary history and portfolio of work to: Rod Starns, Running Pony Productions, Or email Rod. EOE/MF.



Neighborhood Christian Centers Inc. 
I have spoken with the CEO, Ephie Johnson, about possibly working full time after I graduate. After I leave, they'll basically need someone to do everything that I'm doing now, and I've built a great relationship with the staff. She told me to write her a letter when I graduate about working full time, specifically detailing my. So I will be preparing a specific package for this job, including work that i've done for the company. I think I am a very valuable asset to them, when i started the videos i was working on were pretty rough. But after 2 years, my supervisor and I have grown our videos into something that is weekly televised locally (and that's pretty big).

MidSouth Visual
Nashville, TN 37129
My sister lives in Nashville, so working here is within reality for me. I really love their After Effects work! It's pretty simple in technique and all stuff that I know how to do. I've always wanted to do commercial work. 

Contact
Paul Lyke
Email: info@midsouthvisual.com

Optimum Studios

Tyler Perry Studios
I'm hitting dead ends everywhere... No answer from the number I found, just an address to send info. The TPS website has an entry area for prospective candidates, but it's really vague. I want to work for him, but I have no idea how to get into contact with someone directly. They made that very difficult. 
3300 Continental Colony Parkway Southwest, Atlanta, GA 30331
404-222-6448 Intern/Employeee Hotline

No comments:

Post a Comment