Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Job Research


Running Pony Productions

Memphis, TN

Running Pony, a Memphis video production company and post-production house, is your worry-free solution for the highest-quality production, post, interactive, and duplication. Whether you need corporate video production, TV commercials, online content, crew for national media, or 3D animations, you want it done professionally, on time and within budget. You want unbridled creativity, maximum efficiency and outstanding results with no problems and no excuses.


-at the moment, there aren't any listing on the website pertaining to any jobs related to my area. But I think it will be a good idea for me to send my resume and letter to Running Pony. They produce beautiful work and I'm particularly interested in editing and special effects.

Optimum Studios

I know the owner of the studio, Monroe Ballard, and I've already talked to him about possibly working for him after I graduate. This would be some general filming and editing jobs. I've seen the work produced here, so this could be a nice place to start.

Neighborhood Christian Centers Inc.

This is where I currently intern. I would be applying for the position of Multi-Media director. More than likely, I would end up working alongside my current supervisor, and I'm fine with that. The main reason I want to apply here is because of how far we've taken the currently weekly televised program Jr. TRUTH Seekers.

Tyler Perry Studios

Atlanta, GA

The website is very vague about their hiring process. There's only a section to input specific information and a space to provide an explaination about why one want to persue a career in this field. I do have the number for the internship employment hotline, so I guess I'll start there. I really would love to do editing work for this company. Tyler Perry has one of the fastest growing production companies and a job with them would be a huge foot through the door into the industry, and a great opportunity to build a lifelong career.

Internship/Employment Hotline
404-222-6448


MIDSOUTH VISUAL

JOB SEEKERS: Please email resume to jobs@midsouthvisual.com

(Churches)

I've recently found out that recording and editing church services can be a pretty good gig! I started to do a bit of it last year, but with my current job plus school,  working on those things was extremely tiring.  I've talked to quite a few people about this work and its in high demand in Memphis. If I stay here for a while after I graduate, this could be a really good side job. 

No comments:

Post a Comment